Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup H323 gateway for ISDN Video calls

corneliss
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
I have recently set up a H323 Gateway (using a Cisco Router) in my environment for the purpose of using it as the gateway for my VCS. 
Audio is working just fine but I need to set it up to allow for video calls over ISDN.
I am setting it up on a 3945 ISR router with PVDM3-256 installed.
What all do I need to configure to get this to work? There is not much information I could find online.
3 Replies 3

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ISR PVDM3 Video Conferencing and Transcoding has been deprecated long back

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/tdm-gateways/bulletin-c25-735945.html

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Hi Jitender,

Thanks for this, I would also like to confirm.

I see in the article this was more for people that used the Router as an MCU. 

All we need to do is ISDN Bondings. We are trying to move away from the MSE 8000 and the ISDN 8321 for our ISDN Audio and Video Calls.

Do you know of any alternative way to do ISDN calls to Video?

Or will we need to buy a new ISDN Gateway.

In general, everything is moving away from ISDN.  In this part of the world (Australia), it has been announced by our major Telco that there will be no more ISDN being sold as of 31 January 2018, no modifications or additions as of 30 June 2018, existing ISDN services starting to be disconnected in June 2019, with a final exit date of mid 2022.

You may be better off speaking with your Telco to see if they are able to provide you with a service via a SIP trunk in to your call control platform, or sticking with your 8321 which doesn't go completely end of support with Cisco (assuming you have a service contract on it) until 31 May 2022.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: