Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing JTAPI client-dom with ICM

charlesreindorf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running ICM 4.5 with Call Manager, and ICM Soft Phones on each desktop. My site is threatening to upgrade to 4.6.1 with the SpanLink desktop soft-phone, mainly for the reason that it can handle silent monitor. On the other hand, I need to implement certain desktop CTI features, including screen-pop and application-initated hang-up, transfer, or outbound calling, preferably in a way that is not impacted by the choice of desktop softphone.

Looking into the various combinations involving DCS, CTI OS, and the SpanLink desktop product has left my head spinning, there seems to be a lot that is changing there, and it is all very murky. I know that I can implement these features through the Call Manager JTAPI interface though, and it seems a bit more stable to me.

My question is this; What is my milegae in running a separate JTAPI client over and above the Peripheral Gateway connecting ICM to my CM? They are going to contend at times for control over the same devices (NOT route points though) Is there going to be a falling-out? I doubt it because ICM should already be able to cope with asynchronous events like the phone user suddenly making an outbound call.

I realise I have a painful, asynchronous API to deal with, and I also realise I probably need to restrict myself to one JTAPI client for the call centre rather than one JTAPI client per desktop, so I'm going to have to create a client/server configuration.

Anybody had any experience of this, can share their wisdom?

Kind Regards,

Charles.

1 Reply 1

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

I'm wondering if dev support would be a better place for information. Try http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/570/avvid/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: