cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show and Share Connection to video server failed

James Pytel
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SNS server running version 5.2.3. Everything time I try to play a video I get an error stating Connection to video server failed. I am storing videos locally on the SNS server. I can't figure out why I am getting the error.

Thanks,

Jim                  

4 Replies 4

max_solovyov
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem! Need help!

I'm also having the same issue ... is it related to licensing?

Hello Tom

1- Yes this is could be from license issue.Can you check the license for your Cisco SNS?.

2- Can you also restart services of Cisco show and share "streaming server" from Cisco DMM as attached.

3-Can you check the pairing is ok.

4-Did you have MXE integration , after uploading the video , what is the status of job "completed or failes".

Note:I got same problem before when i changed my FQDN from name to other but i fixed .

Thanks

please rate all useful infromation

rajavier3105
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal is with this one?

I am having the same problem. Checked integration with MXE. Confirmed the job status shows as completed from MXE side. 

License for Show and Share in DMM looks good. Video shows as published in the uploaded videos page. When I try to play it it gives me the same error: "Connection to video server failed".

I have configured the file hosting locations as IP and also as FQDN. Even restarted SnS services from DMM. No difference.

I see greens everywhere, but still playback of the video fails.

Thanks for the help in advance.

-RJ