Views
Helpful
Replies

Show and Share (SnS) Content Played on DMP-4310G

mlee2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

It's it possible to play video on demand from the SnS server?

Is there any documentation that would provide me with the configuration and requirements?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rlima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

The document I sent to you just show how to set up the streaming points in Cisco Show and Share. What are you trying to achieve can be done by using the Cisco Digital Sign module from DMS solution,  which will allow you to send the videos to the Cisco Digital Media Player (DMP).  The Cisco Show and Share module is dedicated to the desktop clients as this is a video portal.   You might have to check if you have the license to run Cisco Digital Sign module.

You might want to try to run the video in the DMP's as standalone too as long as you have a streaming server and the videos are following the supported video format of  DMP-4310G it will should play fine,  but you will have more overhead in managing the video as you loose the centralize option of using the Cisco Digital Sign module.

Video codecs

• Video MPEG1
• Video MPEG2: Main Profile at High Level
• Video MPEG4 Part 10 Baseline and Main profiles
• Video Windows Media 9 and VC-1 - VoD only
• Aspect ratio: 4:3 and 16:9
• HD (up to 1080p at 16:9) progressive and interlace video resolution
• Video data rate up to 28 Mbps
• Internal Hardware Decoder delay configurable to < 1 sec

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/video/ps9339/ps7220/data_sheet_c78-625677.html

In case the video is not in the DMP supported format you might have to re-encode the video in one of the formats that are supported.

Hope that helps

Rubens

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rlima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

show and Share is a video portal,  and will have streamer engines for multiple media formats,  VoD will be supported as the video will be streamed from the video portal to the embedded player in the client.

You can see more info in the show and share user guide found in the link below:

http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_2/showandshare/admin/guide/ssadmin.pdf

Thank you

Rubens

Hi Rubens,

I've had a general look through the admin guide, but I can't see a specific mention of using VoD players to stream the content from SnS. Is there a specific page that I'm missing or you can point me too?

Ultimately what I'd like to do is to use SnS to play the content from the SnS content library to the Cisco Digital Media Players at remote locations. Presenting the same look and feel for on demand video and menu that is available on the SnS web video portal to the Cisco DMP.

This way, staff members don't need access to a PC to view the video the content on SnS, they just need the DMP (and flat panel) which would typically be deployed to each tea room across the organization.

Do you know if this is going to be possible?

Cheers,

Mike.

rlima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

The document I sent to you just show how to set up the streaming points in Cisco Show and Share. What are you trying to achieve can be done by using the Cisco Digital Sign module from DMS solution,  which will allow you to send the videos to the Cisco Digital Media Player (DMP).  The Cisco Show and Share module is dedicated to the desktop clients as this is a video portal.   You might have to check if you have the license to run Cisco Digital Sign module.

You might want to try to run the video in the DMP's as standalone too as long as you have a streaming server and the videos are following the supported video format of  DMP-4310G it will should play fine,  but you will have more overhead in managing the video as you loose the centralize option of using the Cisco Digital Sign module.

Video codecs

• Video MPEG1
• Video MPEG2: Main Profile at High Level
• Video MPEG4 Part 10 Baseline and Main profiles
• Video Windows Media 9 and VC-1 - VoD only
• Aspect ratio: 4:3 and 16:9
• HD (up to 1080p at 16:9) progressive and interlace video resolution
• Video data rate up to 28 Mbps
• Internal Hardware Decoder delay configurable to < 1 sec

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/video/ps9339/ps7220/data_sheet_c78-625677.html

In case the video is not in the DMP supported format you might have to re-encode the video in one of the formats that are supported.

Hope that helps

Rubens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: