cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous inbound call flow

stfarmktdw
Level 1
Level 1

My company provides CUCM to independent contractors/tenants where each separate location has POTS lines for incoming and outgoing calls via 2911. Some of these tenants have multiple locations and would like to act as 1 location, so they are requesting to have one main number ring simultaneous to the different locations with members in 1 hunt group. Each location is built with its own DP, region, location, etc to distinguish the unique location.

We have experienced that Site A may have 5 POTS, 6 users/phones, site B with 3 POTS, 4 users. Eventually inbound/outbound calls from both sites will consume all POTS lines. Besides that, are there bandwidth issues or any other impacts we can expect?

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this integrated with cucm? In which case yes this is possible. But make sure qos works properly between locations. Cucm doe not reallycare where the phones are that you put in a hunt group.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Signaling packets consume something on the order of 150 bps per signaling path, which is so small most engineers don't consider it from a bandwidth perspective for QoS purposes unless the BHCA is very high.

I would configure the line group in your hunt to broadcast to the members of the group, unless they want the locations to ring in a specific order.

If inbound/outbound calling on the POTS lines for each site is working, I don't see an issue having CUCM send the call to a phone at a different site. The default inter-region setting is 8kpbs/G729, so each call taversing the WAN this way will take 48K of bandwidth. You may find a cleaner call if you set those sites to either the same region, or to configure their inter-region bandwidth to 64K/G722/G711.

So what they are asking is very doable. If you run into problems, let us know and we will do what we can to help.

Maren