I need assistant as I want to deploy single expressway MRA for 2 different UC clusters connected over intercluster trunks
What are the restrictions ?
Should the internal domain be identical on both clusters
Should the external domain be identical on both clusters
Should users on different cluster be able to chat each other
Can u provide me with a guide illustrate these points as i found only guide with configuration of same domain internal and external
Yes this is possible to configure single pair of expressway with multiple CUCM clusters.
This is also mentioned in MRA deployment guide under " Multiple Clustered Network Elements"
The things to be noted that-
-both CUCM cluster publishers you need to add on expressway C
- both cluster should be in same domain.
- You need to assign home cluster for users under end user config
- most important Inter cluster lookup service should be enabled, please see the below link for reference-
Please rate if it is helpful....
@Anurag Srivastava1 Thanks for your Reply
Regarding this note( both cluster should be in same domain.)
in our deployment the clusters are in different domain
What is the solution then ?
In that case whether your users are using same domain for login through MRA? or different domains?
Both ways it is possible.
- If different domains then you should make collab-edge SRV for that (second) domain as well and need to resolve it to your exp-E FQDN or IP.
- Also you need to add that domain in exp-E cert SAN list.
- for different domains you need to add _cisco-uds and _cuplogin in internal DNS for their respective servers/clusters
- You need to add both domains in exp-C
- Also you need to add both CUCM and IM&P clusters in exp-C
I am not sure how many users a single pair can support for MRA, but it should work
Please rate if it is helpful..
Hello, did you implemented this topology? with two or more CUCM clusters, each one with its own domain, sharing the same Expressway pair?
Do you know if it is a supported scenario?