Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Call forwarding between two domains

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts.

I have a sip domain that has Cisco Deployments is there a way i can forward calls like this below

(CUCM )Site A-------SIPtrunk--------(CUCM)Site B -----SIPtrunk--------SiteC ( Non Cisco)

I want Site A to be able to call Site C and vice versa but remember Site C is not Cisco...

Site be can call site A. Site A can call Site B no problems i wan to extend the calling...

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On cluster B configure the inbound CSS from cluster A to be able to reach a route pattern pointing to cluster C, and viceversa. Make sure there are no loops or overlapping in your dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie

Could you give me some example of how this is being done i have run my self into issues i cant seem to come right calls can not go beyond the call manager in the middle. How do i make it foward the calls?

thanks

The trunk incoming CSS from A to B will need to expose route patterns that lead to C, and vice versa. The level of specificity of the patterns and the need to prefix will be related to your dial plan between the three sites. Similarly C will need to call back to B, with the trunk defined and the proper addressing or B will ignore it.

If your dialplan is more complex this example may not be what you want, but, if you define a route pattern for say 3XXX , assuming the extensions at C are in the 3000s and do not overlap, you can assign that route pattern to a trunk to C.

That pattern then needs to be in a partition that the trunk from A has in its incoming CSS.

There are other things that are a possible issue or concern with this relating to signaling and flow but assuming all items A, B, C, and their endpoints can talk to each other directly this works.

I need a real deployment scenario where i can gather some pointers anything in those lines will be helpful...

A video or some reading even a practical walk through would be really helpful. I have been trying but no luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: