cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP licensing in CCME v4.0

tomchan
Level 1
Level 1

How does the SIP licensing work in CCME v4.0? If it is FL-CCME-36, does it mean it can support up to 36 ip phones. Let's say 20 phones with SCCP and 16 with SIP. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I think the feature license still remains the same (you have to get that regardless). You would still have to buy

20 of the SW-CCME-UL-7960 (say if you are using 20 7960s)

16 of the SW-CCME-UL-3PTYM= (third party multi line phone license). This license costs 150 a pop!!

This information is from the pricing list, but you may want to confirm this with Cisco presales or your account team.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks. Sankar.

We are planning to run 20x Cisco 7960G phones for now. 15 will be configured with SCCP and 5 are configured with SIP. Will plan to add third-party SIP phones in future. I guess SW-CCME-UL-7960 will be applied on Cisco phones regardless of running SCCP or SIP. Unless we are running third-party SIP phones, then will be $150 per SW-CCME-UL-3PTYM= license. Is this the case? Thanks.

I would believe so. I think you need the 3PTY license only if using non-Cisco phones. I would still confirm this with the Cisco channel.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus