cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent and what does it mean ?

zillah2004
Level 1
Level 1

What does this message mean ? when I start router , always I am receiving this message :

((Copyright (c) 1986-2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Sat 02-Feb-02 03:36 by kellythw

00:00:09: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host R1 is undergoing a cold start))

8 Replies 8

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

This is a notifciation message which tells that your SNMP agent is in reinitialzation process.

This always occurs when u restart ur router and before getting onto the router prompt it displays the same(the initialisation process of SNMP).

regds

I have this message when i reboot my router "SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host ghimry is undergoing a cold start" and i think it is normal.

But i am not able to get into my login screen after these message no-matter how much i press the return key. My router get stuck at this point and i don't know what to do.

Hi Mate - As per above messages it just means SNMP agent is reinitializing. You are correct this is perfectly normal.

How are you accessing the router once its back online, can you ping it?

Whatever is the case this message is not the issue.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

do you have any idea about "%SSH-5-ENABLED: SSH 1.99 has been enabled"?

I attached the file for reference. 

When i boot my router, it gets stuck after the above message. Actually i wanted to login to my router through console as i have not configured telnet, but i couldn't proceed further to login into my router to configure it.

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

This usually means that the router has cold started, meaning that the router had lost its power and then regained its power.

You can verify by doing a show version.

Dear All,

Please help me i have 1721 routers operational at my client site, it used to get rebooted after one or two hrs gap. After captured the logs i got an error message :

00:00:07: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host Parwanoo is undergoing a cold st

art   

00:00:07: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host Parwanoo is undergoing a cold st

art

So pls. some one tell how i can solve this problem to avoid the reboot problem on the router.

Regards..Girjesh Kr. Sharma.

thedon123
Level 1
Level 1

looks like power fluctuation... router is not getting enough power for its operations during peak time in your site..conduct an audit on electricity..

vasanth_edw
Level 1
Level 1

How can I find reason for restart of router in "sh ver" ???

Well I can get uptime but...