cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SnS Windows Media playback does not support on-demand features?

ebell
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running an instance of the old Cisco Video Portal in my production setup and my the primary format for my video content is Windows Media.  In an effort to migrate to the SnS platform I have upgraded my lab system to the latest 5.2.2 code.  I have discovered that playback of windows media files in the SnS interfaces does work but for whatever reason the fast forward and rewind features do not function unless the video is played back in fullscreen mode.  Fast forward and Rewind are key features for any video on demand system, can someone please speek to why these features do not function anymore in SnS when using windows media as the format type.  Switching video formats is not an option for me.

has anyone else experienced this behavior? is there an open bug or any other info regarding this matter?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is a bug opened for this: CSCtl47588  Can not FF / Rew WMV files using Firefox browser in Show and share.

You can view it's description from the bug tool: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtl47588

Unfortunately, it looks like it is not fixed yet but you can subscribe to the bug from the tool to be noticed when it is.

Regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas,

Thanks for your feedback, I was unware that problem was only happening to clients using firefox.  I will be testing this on IE8 later today to see if it works.

Regards,

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: