cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

softphone and lines

guckengc
Level 1
Level 1

When I start the softphone on my laptop I dont see any lines to control. I verified all points in trouble shooting. What now?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you want the SoftPhone to control its own line, or to control a hardware IP phone? Assuming the former, make sure that in your [Telephony or Phone and Modem Options - depending on OS] Control Panel under Advanced that you have configured the correct CallManager and username/password. The username/password here should be the ones you use to login to the http://server/ccmuser web page.

Then, make sure in the CallManager administration page, that you find that username in the global directory, make sure it is allowed for CTI Application use, and make sure that the user's list of Associated Devices includes the CTI port(s) and/or hardware phones that you want the SoftPhone to be able to control.

acgarcia
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same trouble in our lab. For hours I could not get this working.

Cisco Documentation on the configuration of the soft phone leaves out 2 important steps. Enableing the CTI application use on the user and the one that got me "restart call manager after creating your user".

Ok, I thought I was going to have success... didn't see that Enabling the CTI application, so I did that on my user and I rebooted the CCM (which I think is silly...) ... but still my IP Softphone shows No lines under Win2K.

In Control Panel, open up the Telephony option and it shows a couple tabs. Look under Telephony drivers and if you loaded the Cisco TSP, you should see the Cisco IP PBX Drivers. You need to configure the Security of this with the CTI user name and password as defined in CCM. No restart should be needed.