Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone : how many lines

mderriennic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How many lines can I configure on a softphone, is there a limit ?

Thx,

Marc DERRIENNIC

Technical Account Manager

4 Replies 4

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Two lines can be setup with Softphone in this version.

Hello Beth,

Not that I have made a career of testing it but I have been able to get SoftPhone (1.2) to monitor one line at a time. I have two lines setup on my phone but if I choose one the other disappears. In other words I have a choice of one line or the other. I haven’t tried setting up three lines.

If you know of some magic to get the SoftPhone to monitor two line concurrently I would be most interested.

Thanks

Bob

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

I have four lines appearing on my softphone. I think you can have up to 8. If the lines are CTI ports, you can only control one line at a time. This is a limitation of the number of audio streams you can send to the PC. However, if you are using the softphone to control an IP phone, you can control all of the lines since you are not streaming the audio to the PC. Of course you can mix and match CTI and IP Phone ports and use one CTI and many IP Phone lines at the same time.

rory
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 usable lines on my softphone at present, each line can then choose 1 of 3 extensions with a choice of switching between them. I have done this by setting up 5 Cti ports each with 3 lines associated with them-then by associating each of the five ports to my user name. when running softphone you can then choose one of the lines from each of the Cti ports and have all five available to choose from/answer calls on-but only one at a time. However you cannot select more than one line from each Cti port as you will get an address error. Hope this helps!