cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone no longer shows extension nor is functioning

DoubleP
Level 1
Level 1

An employee moved from her old office to a new building. The softphone no longer functions. Initially, she was getting an error that the phone wasn't provisioned. I was able to fix that. However, the softphone no longer shows her extension, nor does it function (can't "dial", the buttons are not labeled, etc.) I tried doing the suggested reset through the audio tab, but that didn't resolve it. (Other people who moved to the new location did not experience this). Should I uninstall, and reinstall the softphone, or is there anything else I can try?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Add CIPC on cucm and go to CIPC app Preference and provide tftp server ip (cucm ip) the check

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Which Softphone,  Jabber or CIPC ? Could you please explain a little more about your infrastructure and soft phone which you use ?

Response Signature

Hello, it is the CIPC. 8.6.6.14, is the version.

Looks like the CIPC is not configured on CUCM.

check if the device name is added with extension.

Response Signature

Hello all, thanks for the suggestions. I'm doing an uninstall/reinstall tomorrow (the customer is at a different site, and there were connectivity problems when I attempted to try it remotely). I'll let you know if it worked.

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Add CIPC on cucm and go to CIPC app Preference and provide tftp server ip (cucm ip) the check

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: