cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL job blocking CDR retrieval

Charles_Chi4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have an SQL job problem in my customer sites. The problem began with 3rd party application can't retrieve the CDR data. And then the 3rd party vendor ask me to shut down the job "optmizations for CIPT" in SQL Server Service Management.

(SQL Enterprise Server Manager -> Console root -> Microsoft SQL Servers -> SQL Server Group -> (Local)(Windows NT) -> Management -> Jobs)

After that, CDR retrieval is running well till now, it have been almost a month.

The question is, what is the job "optimizations for CIPT" for? Is it important. The CCM version is 3.1.4 and i am going to patch it in SR8a. Is it necessary to turn the job on before patching the CCM?

Or is it a bug untill i patch the CCM?

Thanks ^^

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The Optimizations for CIPT job tries to purge the db at the end of each day. However, if the size of the database is too large, the job needs to take a lot of time to find the records to purge. If the total number of records is low, then there are fewer records to search through to find those old records. So, if the value is low, it should reduce the time it takes, and improve performance.

Job "Optimizations for CIPT" has two steps:

1. Optimize CDR database

2. Optimize Config database