cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST - Incoming calls from the PSTN to FXO

borealc
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in need of information on how to configure incoming calls from the PSTN to an FXO port. Should I use the default-destination command, the connection-plar command or the alias command? What does Cisco suggest/recommends?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should use connection plar or connection plar opx and point either to your receptionist, SRST AA TCL script or dedicated DN.

HTH,

Chris

Will using either connection plar or connection plar opx override MGCP's interaction with the CCM when not in SRST?

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

It depends on where the calls route normally, and where they need to route in SRST mode.

I have set up some with connection plar that ring a receptionist's phone on site. This works fine with SRST as the phone registers with the router and it continues to work.

At most of our sites we use the SRST TCL script that normally sends calls to a Call Manager pilot number, which in our case is a call center pilot. When that number is unreachable (SRST mode) a AA greeting is played that includes the option to dial an extension or 0 for the operator. The operator extension is one of the paramaters you define for the script. If the caller does nothing the call goes to the operator extension.

I have not tried the default destination, but that might be a good choice if you normally use MGCP for the FXOs.

Please rate helpful posts.

I thought the connection plar opx will not work when the CCM is unavailable with MGCP but will work only with H.323.

To make the conneciton plar opx work use the H.323 during fallback.