cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Srst Local CCM and Unity

jschlimg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client With one call manager for the Local site, Unity with Unified messaging. I need to set up SRST in case of CCM failure. How do I set up VM Pilot and VM ports in SRST?

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

VM ports cannot register with an SRST gateway. SRST (Survivable Remote Site Telephony) is meant for failover at a remote site in case of WAN failure in a centralized deployment scenario (remote sites register with the centralized Callmanager). Local CCM redundancy is accomplished through 1 or more subscriber servers which can take over call processing in the event of a Callmanager failure. You can configure SRST so that remote users can access the centralized Unity server during failover by using the "voicemail" command in call-manager-fallback configuration mode.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Also, check with your telco provider if RDNIS is supported, otherwise callers redirected to voicemail while in SRST will be directed to main unity greeting and will need to enter the extension again. For example I call extension 2000 which happens to be in SRST and the call forward no asnwer redirects the call to voicemail number, if RDNIS is not supported once the call hits the Unity, Unity will not know who the call is for and will play the main greeting.

Chris

Thanks Brandon, That's what I thought the answer was, Just wanted to check to see if anyone knew a way to "trick" the VM ports. I'll urge the client to look at redundant call managers in the near future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: