Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST on CSR1000v anybody?

Hello ladies & gents,

I was looking over the CCIE Collab v2 device list and in terms of routers / voice gateways, I mainly saw the CSR1000v being mentioned.

I'm curious, does anybody know what it takes to get SRST running on a CSR1000v?

So far I've tried the csr1000v-universalk9.16.08.01a image along with the 16.07.01 image but none of them have the "voice register global" command in global configuration mode.

I've been looking at this presentation http://clnv.s3.amazonaws.com/2017/eur/pdf/BRKCOL-2125.pdf and it would seem that CME and SRST support would have been introduced as of IOS-XE 16.3.1 but it doesn't seem to be the case here. 

I'm really curious if anybody has got this working. 

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Both CME and SRST are not supported on CSR's. From the lab perspective, you might not get tested on SRST at all but can't say for sure.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Both CME and SRST are not supported on CSR's. From the lab perspective, you might not get tested on SRST at all but can't say for sure.

Thank you for chipping in. I thought I was missing something. However, I feel like adding CME and SRST support to the CSR1000v platform is going to be coming our way sooner rather than later. I mean SRST is big in the enterprise world and with the push to a fully virtual UC solution, i think it should get added to the CSR1000v line.

Roadmap information is NDA so can't share it here. You can discuss this out with your Cisco SE/AM.

That's all I needed to hear :)
Cheers!

my question is that why the CCIE collaboration V2 doesnt mention any thing about physical routers then. it only mentioned CSR1000v. if SRST and CME are part of the lab and if its not supporting then why its not mentioning about the physical router model in the equipment details of the lab.

Cisco have missed this surely. I share your concerns. How do we run SRST if no hardware is needed for Lab exam???!!! How do we run CME without a physical router?! Is it assumed we use GNS3/UNET? (even then we can't run v12!!!)

This is from the latest CCIE Collab V2 guide:

Physical Devices
Cisco IP Phones

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8845 (Remote Controlled)

Virtual Machines
Core Collaboration Applications

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 12.0
Cisco Unified IM & Presence 12.0
Cisco Unity Connection 12.0
Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 11.6
Cisco Meeting Server 2.x
Collaboration Edge

Cisco Expressway Series 8.10
CSR1000v: IOS XE 16.3
Others

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 12.0
Cisco Unity Express Virtual 9.0

IOU/IOL L3 15.5 runs SRST and CME like a boss so if you're using any emulation environment, that will do the trick. I'm pretty sure Cisco will have a custom version of CSRv that can / will do the same. 

Remember that the lab now has 3 sections ... you might not get SRST in configuration section at all but still tested on either in Diag or Tshoot sections. My money is on Diag for features that are still not present on CSR 1kv. I am pretty sure they are not missing out anything there.

And what about CME? Thats on v2!

CME ran fine in GNS3 since IOS 12.X 

Not sure why the constant worrying. Just grab 15.5 (IOL/IOU) and you'll be able to do CME and SRST (SIP and SCCP) just fine for training. 

Whatever Cisco decide to do for the CCIE lab, that's up to them. Master the concept, lab it up, know how to diagnose and troubleshoot and you're done.

Good luck!

Can we do MGCP and H323 using CSR 1000v if it is SIP?

You cannot terminate either a PRI or Analog endpoints on a CSR so MGCP is out of picture all together. You might be able to use H.323 and a SIP to ITSP to make it a CUBE effectively, but why would you want to use H.323 today anyways ? So keep it all SIP to SIP and run it as a CUBE.

H.323 has been removed from Lab v2

At last CME is supported in CSR 1000v from 16.10 onwards.....
im testing it now.

SRST i dont know its supporting or not.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: