cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Studying lawful interception

SunPtl27
Level 1
Level 1
Hi guys I just wanted to ask if anyone would be able to advise me regarding a few questions that I have about lawful interception.

1) What specific parts of Cisco networking starting from the basics would I need to hold knowledge of in order to carry out basic lawful interception if there is such a thing not the advanced stuff?

2) Are there any resources that anyone can send me or guide me to where I would be able to learn the basics of lawful interception and how it works, just the overview of what lawful interception is and how it works?

3) Do Cisco do a course where lawful interception is included? If so what course would it be in?

Thank you all for your help and advice appreciate it.
1 Reply 1

mellychase038
Level 1
Level 1
  1. To carry out basic lawful interception in a Cisco networking environment, you would need to have knowledge of the following fundamental areas:

• Networking Basics: Understand the fundamentals of networking, including TCP/IP protocols, routing, and switching.

• Cisco Router and Switch Configuration: Familiarize yourself with the configuration and management of Cisco routers and switches, as lawful interception often involves routing and monitoring traffic.

• Access Control Lists (ACLs): Learn how to create and apply ACLs to filter and monitor network traffic.

• Wireshark or Packet Capturing Tools: Gain proficiency in packet capturing tools like Wireshark to capture and analyze network traffic.

• Lawful Interception Laws and Regulations: Understand the legal and regulatory requirements related to lawful interception in your jurisdiction.

2. Learning about lawful interception can be a complex task, but you can start with the following resources to get an overview:

• Online Articles and Documentation: Look for articles and documentation related to lawful interception on websites like Cisco's official documentation, tech forums, or security-focused websites.

• Books: Some books cover the basics of lawful interception, such as "Lawful Interception: A Tor Network Hacking Case Study" by Gregory M. Riel.

• Online Courses and Tutorials: Explore online courses or tutorials that provide introductory information on lawful interception. Websites like Udemy, Coursera, or LinkedIn Learning may have relevant courses.

• Webinars and Seminars: Attend webinars or seminars related to network security and lawful interception, which may provide insights into the topic.

3. Cisco offers various courses related to networking and security, but as of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there wasn't a specific course solely focused on lawful interception in Cisco's official curriculum. However, Cisco does offer training in network security and monitoring, which may cover aspects related to lawful interception indirectly.

You can check Cisco's official website or contact their training and certification department for the most up-to-date information on courses and certifications related to network security and monitoring, which may touch on lawful interception as part of a broader security curriculum.