Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Supervised transfer

Hi,

I don't know if I've got this right, but can't see what's wrong!

The plan is to get Unity to do a supervised trnasfer from person A to B, so if a caller rings A and they don't answer, or are busy, Unity will try ext B.

If extension B is then busy I need the call to go back to perosn A's voicemail.

Extensions on CCM are set to CFNA (after 4 rings) and CFB to voicemail, and in unity, call transfer option is set to ring subscriber at this extension (Bs extension) transfer is set to supervised, wait for 2 rings. Surely this should mean that unity retains the call, tries the 2nd extension, and then puts the call the first users mailbox if not answered or busy?

What is happening is that it doenst try the 2nd extenson at all - it goes staright to first users VM.

Am I missing something?

TIA

Thanks,

Mick

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Supervised transfer

What's your after transfer action on person A's box? By default it's take a message instead of handing the call off to person B's handler for transfer - I'd look here first.

I cover an example about how to do just this type of "Daisy chain" transfer in the "audio text applications in Unity" paper out on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - you may want to check it out for details. In there I use a series of call handlers to ring a number of phones and then cycle back around (i.e. a poor man's hunt group using handlers).

Beginner

Even more confused now!

The after greeting action is set to take message, which it needs to be as if the call comes back, I need the message to be left in As mailbox.

But I was under the impression that the settings for call transfer were taken into account before any of the after greeting options, although from reading the document: “Audio Text Applications in Unity” under “Working around forwarding transfer rule over ride” ..

…….If it matches a call handler or subscriber, the transfer rules for that object are deliberately skipped and the greeting rules are evaluated instead……

Does this mean that I have to try to each person’s own extension to get it to dial out? And if this is the case, when I want the call to come back to A if B is busy or doesn’t answer, it will loop straight back out again?

Yet from reading help files, I can’t see that this is the case.

However I think I may have another issue…

If I call subscriber A from an outside line, with his call transfer settings set to ring subscriber B, it doesn’t try phone B, but plays straight to A’ s greeting, and I get an error int the app log – “failed blind transfer to ext. , re-order tone detected.”

Phone Bs line is set to ring his own extension.

I’m sure I've used this before as above – any help appreciated!

Cisco Employee

From the error you list there it's pretty clear the problem you're dealing with is probably in the switch side of the house - if Unity attempts to do a release transfer and it fails it'll forward right back into Unity and you'll get the user's greeting as you're hearing - it sounds to you like we're not even trying to do the transfer but clearly we are and the phone switch is failing to comply.

sounds like you're beating the wrong horse here...

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Jeff,

thanks for response - Tac are pursuing the issue.

On the same note, I was wondering if you could clarify the operation of this function, in relation to trying person Bs phone before dropping back to As greeting and inbox.

I’ve now tried this on a test system and can’t get it to work either, but without the error….!

It plays straight to A’s greeting, on both release to switch and supervised transfer

Ref the document on ciscounitytools:

…….If it matches a call handler or subscriber, the transfer rules for that object are deliberately skipped and the greeting rules are evaluated instead……

If both extensions are listed in Unity is this by design?

Thanks again,

Mick

CreatePlease to create content
Ask the Expert- Firepower configuration & troubleshooting