cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX 10 codec

ethanalderete
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SX 10 all in 1 codec I am wiring up. I also have a table top mic with a mute button on it. I ran a 4 conductor to extend the mic cable but when soldered to the terminations and plugged in at both ends the mute function on the mic doesn't work. I am wondering if the wiring for the mic is different than what I have made. 

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You might not have the microphone wired correct, for a wiring diagram of the 4-pin mini jack used with the TelePresence Microphone 20, take a look at thread: cabo-extensor-microphone.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the table top microphone you are using a Cisco one, or some other 3rd party microphone?

If it's the genuine Cisco microphone, then it's most likely that your soldering/termination skills have mixed up a cable or haven't connected something properly.

It it's a 3rd Party microphone, then the pinout and requirements may be different than the pinout used on the Cisco microphone which is why it doesn't work..  Not all microphones are equal - some require different pinouts and some carry signals on different pins, and others need different voltage supplied to them to make them work.  To assist further, we'd need to know what brand/model/specs micrphone you have.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Other Collaboration section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the above hasn't answered your query, that you move your discussion over there (you can do this by editing your original post and changing the category at the bottom).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.