Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 API

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to work with the API for our SX20's (TC7.3.6), in order to manipulate the contact info as displayed on the codec home page. I can see various types available in the valuespace.xml and I can see the available command to manipulate the config as:

http://x.x.x.x/formputxml?xmldoc=
<Configuration><SystemUnit>
<ContactInfo item="1"><Type item="1" valueSpaceRef="/Valuespace/TTPAR_ContactInfoVs">SystemName</Type></ContactInfo>
</SystemUnit></Configuration>

or from SSH:

xconfiguration SystemUnit ContactInfo Type: SystemName

I'm trying to automate the process for a number of endpoints, combining the E164Alias with the SystemName to be the contactinfo (which I can use the API, CLI or custom field to update).

Like: String = "E164Alias+SystemName" (or similar).

Can anyone with more experience suggest a way to concatenate the 2 types to display? Perhaps even a way to change the realtive positions of the types?

I can't edit the valuespace.xml to add a new type. I've tried a number of operator types to concat the 2 types to no avail. With no root access I can't get access to manipulate configs to test.

Any advice would be appreciated! (Even if it's, no this can't be done)

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not possible to manipulate SystemUnit ContactInfo Type, your only options are:

• Auto: Show the address which another system can dial to reach this system. The address depends on the default call protocol and system registration. None: Do not show any contact information in the status field.
  • IPv4: Show the IPv4 address as contact information.
  • IPv6: Show the IPv6 address as contact information.
  • H323Id: Show the H.323 ID as contact information (see the H323 Profile [1..1] H323Alias ID setting).
  • E164Alias: Show the H.323 E164 Alias as contact information (see the H323 Profile [1..1] H323Alias E164 setting).
  • H320Number: Show the H.320 number as contact information (only applicable if connected to a Cisco TelePresence ISDN Link gateway).
  • SipUri: Show the SIP URI as contact information (see the SIP Profile [1..1] URI setting).
  • SystemName: Show the system name as contact information (see the SystemUnit Name setting).
  • DisplayName: Show the display name as contact information (see the SIP Profile [1..1] DisplayName setting).

With that said, you have a few workarounds that you can do.  Use either SystemName or DisplayName for example and manually input what you want to be displayed in those fields.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not possible to manipulate SystemUnit ContactInfo Type, your only options are:

• Auto: Show the address which another system can dial to reach this system. The address depends on the default call protocol and system registration. None: Do not show any contact information in the status field.
  • IPv4: Show the IPv4 address as contact information.
  • IPv6: Show the IPv6 address as contact information.
  • H323Id: Show the H.323 ID as contact information (see the H323 Profile [1..1] H323Alias ID setting).
  • E164Alias: Show the H.323 E164 Alias as contact information (see the H323 Profile [1..1] H323Alias E164 setting).
  • H320Number: Show the H.320 number as contact information (only applicable if connected to a Cisco TelePresence ISDN Link gateway).
  • SipUri: Show the SIP URI as contact information (see the SIP Profile [1..1] URI setting).
  • SystemName: Show the system name as contact information (see the SystemUnit Name setting).
  • DisplayName: Show the display name as contact information (see the SIP Profile [1..1] DisplayName setting).

With that said, you have a few workarounds that you can do.  Use either SystemName or DisplayName for example and manually input what you want to be displayed in those fields.

Hi Patrick,

That's pretty much what I suspected. I was hoping there was a not-advertised method or XML schema way of doing it. I'm trying to minimise the administrative chore of updating multiple endpoints. DisplayName was always an option, but concatenating two fields into one would have been my preference.

Thanks for chipping in and putting it to bed!