Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Camera IR has camera control only

WilliamVatcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a client with an SX20 that was installed awhile back. 

The IR sensor on the camera is not working for control of the VC.

I have the settings for the IR sensor on the Camera set to "On" and the IR sensor on the Codec/SystemUnit set to "Auto".

The camera LED will blink when pressing any button on the remote, however only pan/tilt/zoom on the camera seem to work when aiming remote at camera.

There is full control when aiming remote at codec but the codec IR has no line of sight to the remote as this is a custom installation with the codec wall mounted behind the display.

Has anyone run into this before? Any ideas what would cause this? 

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've seen erratic camera/remote behaviour before like this when the batteries get too low, or the remote is being used too far away from the device and is set to low power mode.

Check the dip switch in the battery compartment is set to the high position and make sure you have fresh batteries in it and see if that helps.

The other thing to check would be that the camera control cable is connected firmly at both ends - try unplugging it and re-plugging it a couple of times in case the connectors have oxidized a bit.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Other Collaboration section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the above hasn't answered your query, that you move your discussion over there.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.