Views
Helpful
Replies

T.37 Onramp on FXS, directly attached Fax

horst.wagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm getting mad cause I don't find a valid configuration for T.37 onramp faxing with directly to the routers fxs-port attached Fax-machines.

I tried on cisco1760 and cisco2610XM with IOS-versions 12.3(8)T9,12.3(8)T11 and 12.3(14)T5. Onramp script is app_faxmail_onramp.2.0.1.3.tcl from the cisco Web-Site.

Onramp and offramp through PSTN (via BRI) works fine, so I can receive faxes from the PSTN in my email and also I can send emails which are send as faxes out the pstn!

But my directly attached faxes I cannot get run. Faxes from the pstn are configured with direct-inward-dial and so everything is fine. From fxs-attached fax-machine dialed digits have first to be collected but there is no dialtone and even if the fax ignores it there is no digit-collection.

For testing purposes I configured plar on the voice-port and it worked!

So the problenm ist the dialing!!!

Please no stupid links from documentations which I've allready read all!!

I now searched through the web for a working configuration example but there is none!!!

In the following you find an excerpt of my last configuration on 12.3(14)T5.

Thanks in advance

Horst

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco fax gateways support only the TIFF format described in RFC 2301, File Format for Internet Fax, and RFC 2302, Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)Image/TIFF MIME Sub-Type Registration with Profile S. The TIFF header offset must be less than 1 KB and the header must be at the top of the TIFF page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800b5dcf.html

On-ramp gateway configuration for store-and-forward fax consists of the following tasks:

Enabling T.37 Store-and-Forward Fax on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring Dial Peers on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring MTA Parameters on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring DSNs on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring Security and Accounting on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring T.37 IVR Application Security and Accounting