cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1-CAS 3725 to Avaya G3 - All Channels "Active"

mpervere
Level 1
Level 1

Running a CAS trunk for toll bypass between a 3725 and an Avaya PBX (no PRI available on PBX...ick). 3725 configured with VWIC-2MFT-T1 and AIM-VOICE-30. T-1 controller is up clean, and the voice ports are configured as a "ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink". When the trunk group comes up, everything looks great on the Cisco end (up/idle), but no matter what we do the Avaya shows all channels as "Active".

We've tried several things, including:

- Tweaking wink timers.

- Switching to e&m-immediate to eliminate e&m-wink setting issues.

- Shuffling timeslots in case they were inverted or something like that.

- Manually setting ABCD bits since it seems to be an idle/active issue and the Avaya circuit pack shows an idle code of "11111111".

Needless to say, none of the above (regardless of relative intelligence of the idea) did anything useful. About all we did was succeed in ticking off the operator because every time we bounced the ds0-group, it generated 24 phone calls to the switchboard (oops...).

We've gone side-by-side through the "3640-to-Avaya" integration guide, and there's nothing that stands out as a config mismatch. Does anyone have this configuration working, or does the issue sound familiar?

Thanks!

Mike

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

I remember facing a similar problem a long time ago. Think, I called the Avya folks and they helped me.Don't remember the exact troubleshooting steps.

helder.guarda
Level 1
Level 1

TRUNK PARAMETERS

Trunk Type (in/out): AUTO/AUTO Incoming Rotary Timeout(sec): 5

Outgoing Dial Type: tone Incoming Dial Type: tone

Disconnect Timing(msec): 500

Sig Bit Inversion: A&B

Try changing your trunk on the Avaya side to the capitalized settings, especially the Sig Bit Inversion

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: