Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS Functionality

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone dealt much with TAPS?

Listed below are my findings on its functionality and I was wondering if I am missing something.

-Works fine when the extension you enter is the only one in the system

-When an extension is shared between 2 devices (with the same external phone number mask) it asks for you to re-enter the phone number including area code & exchange. Then it comes back with an error saying to contact your system administrator.

-When an extension is shared between 2 devices (with no external phone number mask) it asks for you to re-enter the phone number including area code & exchange. Then it comes back with an error saying to contact your system administrator.

-When an extension is shared between 2 devices (and one ext has the external phone number mask) it asks for you to re-enter the phone number including area code & exchange. Then it works fine.

-When there are 2 phones with the same extension but in different Partitions (with no external phone number mask) it assigns you the phone with the lowest MAC.

-When there are 2 phones with the same extension but in different Partitions (with different external phone number mask) it assigns you the phone with the lowest MAC.

Has anyone seen anything different?

From what I can see TAPS can only be used in the most basic of configs (ie. no shared lines)

Thanks

Frank

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

To work with auto-registration, you must install some TAPS components on the Cisco CallManager publisher server. You must enable auto-registration in Cisco CallManager Administration for TAPS to function.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00801ecedc.html

believ1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I recenly had the exact same problem!

A workaround to work with shared lines can be the following:

For example if you have a shared line 300 between a 7960 and a 7920!

First import your 7960 with Bat and configure with register it to 300 with TAPS. Now do an export and delete of this extention, save the file!!!!

Next do an import of 7920 with BAT and configure using TAPS. Now import your recently deleted 7960 and it should work fine.