Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence infrastructure design

Ali Bahnam
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I working on design for our corporation regarding cisco telepresence and I need your support and suggestion for the below:-

We have HQ site and 12 sites conneted via GRE Tunnel with the HQ, now I need to add CTS-1300-65-ACR and four of CTS-P42C20-K9 in addition to Cisco MCU 4505 on HQ sie.

And for the 12 site I will add EX60 endpoint video sets.

So please this Telepresence will work fine or I have to add any other devices??

Appreciate your Support and Suggestion,

Regards,

7 Replies 7

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Ali,

I'm not 100% that I understand the full setup that you want to deploy , however if you are planning to use a CTS 1300 unit I would rather recommend you to go and use a TPS Server ( 8710  or stand alone unit 710 blade)

A complete list of documentation / features / product  brochures you can find at :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11339/products_data_sheets_list.html

Using an MCU 4505 you will have a port limitation  of maximim 12 HD ports / 6 HD+ or full HD ports

Thank you Cristian,

I attached the design that we will go to implement.

Each site contain EX60 video conference and the HQ contains (CTS-1300 and seven CTS-P42C20) as I understood from the MCU4505 it works with all end points vendors so it must work with the CTS-1300 also.

And for the MCU4505 we can do 12 video conference on the same time only??

Thanks & Regards,

Dear Ali,

On an MCU 4505 depending on how you set the "media ports" you will have the following port capacity :

HD mode         12 Video / 12 Audio / 12 Content ports

HD+ mode       6 Video / 12 Audio / 0 Content ports

Full HD mode  6 Video / 12 Audio / 0 Content ports

1 port means 1 video screen ( one endpoint )

For example if you have an MCU in HD mode , you can have a 1 large conference with 12 Video endpoints, or 4 Conferences with 3 endpoints eac, or any other conbination, as long as you do not exceed the maximum ammount of 12 Video participants

When it comes to usign CTS 1300 , as previously mentioned I will consider using a Telepresence server 7010 or 8710 blade

Cristian

Ok Cristian,

So for the CTS-1300 it will not work with MCU4505??

Ok if I will go to buy a conference server 7010 or 8710 the other endpoints (EX60 & CTS-P42C20) will work with it.

I mean if I buy teleprecense server there is no need for the MCU4505??

Please advice,

Correct

Cristian

Cristian,

Now I'm searching on the internet for the compatibility between CTS-1300 and the MCU 4505 it is working I didn't see any document say it is not working so please if you have any supported document for me.

the result that I collect All the endpoints that I have (EX60, P42C20, and the CTS1300) can work together. for 12 Video conference only (12 Endpoints together) for example (9 EX60, 2 P42C20, and 1 CTS1300)

Appreciate your support,

Thanx

Hi Ali,

It will work with CTS1300 however you will have limitations, Also if you are planning at future time to have a screen screen device ( TX9000 for example)  you will also have limitations on this area as well.

Please consult the TPS relase notes for a deeper overview of the TPS improved interop with CTS units.

I would also suggeest to get in direct contact with your CISCO Key account Manager to get a better overview of the advantages of using TPS server instead of an MCU in a CTS endpoints deployment

Regarsd

Cristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: