cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

the jabber client refuse to work and the expressway c display this error "Cluster name not configured"

ahmedelrofaie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need your help , we have 2 CUCM servers, and 2 IMP servers, both of them are running very well also we have expressway E and C, the cucm integrated with the LDAP, i did sync for the users in the cucm, and then i assigned all the user to the IMP server, but many users tried to log to their jabber client, but it show them that the password or the user is invalid, i feel that there is something wrong with expressway and that what cause the issue, i attached screenshots with some errors appeared at the expressway E and C after the migration for the collaboration servers , 

expressway c errors:

Cluster name not configured If FindMe or clustering are in use a cluster name must be defined. Raised Warning   Configure the cluster name; see the Clustering section of the online help for more information 2018-07-28 13:25:48 2018-07-28 13:25:48 20019
Cluster replication error The local Expressway does not appear in the list of peers Raised Warning   Check the list of peers for this cluster 2018-07-28 13:27:56 2018-07-30 10:03:19
5 Replies 5

Ali Ibraheem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ahmed,

It looks like, there are two different problems, one is related to reaching the license limit and the other related to the cluster name.

For both Expressway C and E to talk to each other they have to be in under the same cluster (the same cluster name configured on each one of them).

The Cluster name should be the routable Fully Qualified Domain Name used in SRV records that address this Expressway cluster, for example "cluster1.example.com", please refer to the manual for the Cluster name and DNS SRV records.

so do think this what cause the jabber clients not to work? is jabber client depend on expressway to functioning properly 

thanks 

Yes, Jabber is registering over the internet to Unified Call Manger via the Expressway-E and Expressway-C.

Is this for MRA ? If yes, then you need to ensure the certificates/SAN are correct on your Ewy-E and the traversal is setup correctly. Ewy-E needs to be trust Ewy-C for the traversal to function correctly.
Also, from your Ewy-E screenshot, why are you trying to register a room endpoint ? It should be on the Ewy-C instead.
What troubleshooting have you done so far ?

Have you checked if SRV records are properly advertised, Jabber client should send UDS, CUPS and collab-edge query. As you are using Expressway when the user
tries to login, it should get a response in the collab-edge query.
Could you collect the PRT from Jabber and post it here and if possible collect the Diagnostics from Expressway too, if you thing config is good and you have verified the certs as mentioned by Nipun earlier.

Check below things as well
#####
- SRV records
- Check the FQDN of Expressways as per the SRV created
- Check the firewall as well
- Check if the Traversal zone between Core and Edge are active or not
- Check the basic config and if everything seems to be good collect the Diagnostics and PRT from Jabber.

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle