cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

This system is temporarily unable to complete call

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When a client checks voicemail she gets: This system is temporarily unable to complete your call, Please try again later. The event viewer returns this :<br><br>GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 108 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp <br><br>Running conversation SubMenu on Port 3 <br>Subscriber Display Name : Brennan-Guerrera, Marie <br>Subscriber Alias : marie.brennan <br><br>Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 3 <br><br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Generally, this error occurs when Unity goes to check the number of new messages in the subscriber's Exchange Inbox, and doesn't get the response it expects.

There are a number of things that can cause this. If the subscriber's home Exchange Server is down, or there is a problem with the LAN, that can cause a failsafe. If Exchange doesn't have the MAPI resources it needs to log in to the mailbox, it can also cause a failsafe. Running the Exchange Optimizer helps in this situation, and you should run this tool periodically for good server health, especially if mailboxes have been added recently.

Probably the most common cause for this condition is when a mailbox is moved or migrated from one Exchange Server to another with Unity running. Unity still points to the old location. Often you can resolve this by rebooting the Unity, although sometimes you also need to reboot the email servers too. If you have a version of Unity that supports Read-Only DohPropTest, you can usually fix it without rebooting. See this techtip: http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/move_mb_exchange.html

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

I have a problem with just one subscribers voice mailbox. Whenever he tries to retrieve his new voice messages from his IP phone, he gets the following vague error message: "This system is temporarily unable to complete your call. Please try again later."

After searching the forum I went into event viewer & found the following Event error message more than once for this guy:

Event ID: 10002 Source: AVConvMsg_MC

PlayMessages(AV_STACK_VOICE) returned [0x80004005] on line 276 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 1
Subscriber Display Name : Dominick C. Rocco
Subscriber Alias : DRocco

Running conversation SubNewMsgStack on Port 1

His mailbox has never been moved to a different exchange server. His mailbox started acting funny the day I got a power chute message on the Unity server notifying me of a brief power surge the night before. Could this be it? How do I restore his mailbox back to normal. My company is not too keen on rebooting the Unity server (takes whole 5 minutes to come back up).

Thanks,

Kimberly

I am having the exact same problem, and like kimberly we have not moved any mailbox's, I ran the DOHPROPTEST but the had no effect. I ran directory walker, that fixed a couple of errors. But I still cannot get into one persons mailbox. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Do you have the same error being reported in the event log or is it a different error?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Yes i had the same error being reported, but it was fixed when i rebooted unity.

Is this the only error or are there a couple more errors that occur with this one each time?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com