our TMS (15.4) provisioned endpoints are not getting updated causing authentication failure. Also I noticed that even after updating the password manually endpoints passwords are getting deleted.
I found bug(CSCup69976) related to this issue. But since we are using higher version the bug fix is not applicable to us. Can some help me on this.
I found similar issue related to LDAP
|Known Affected Releases:||
Can you explain in detail what you're trying to do, and what you want to accomplish?
Are these TMS managed endpoints, or provisioned via TMSPE?
If you're using a configuration template to update password, you should be using TMS Command > Admin Password. The Password option only updates the admin password on the endpoint, it doesn't update the password used by TMS to communication with the endpoint.
we are pushing config template to update password. This is an unknown bug in TMS 15.4 which is similar to CSCup69976 recorded in TMS 14.4 . currently our case is with BU team.
Working workaround to set a password for each endpoint:
1) Take a TC 7 endpoint in TMS
2) Using system navigator, change password for the endpoint to 'bob' (confirm TMS updates successfully without error) (confirm login on endpoint works with the password ‘bob’)
3) Edit a TMS template to include the setting 'Password' under 'TMS Commands'
4) Set the value for 'password' to be 'sat' and save template
5) Click 'set on systems' and apply template to test endpoint (wait for template to run.. verify via activity status)
6) Web into the endpoint and confirm you can login with new password 'sat'
7) Go to the Connection tab of the endpoint, and click Save/Try.
8) Go back to Settings tab and do Force Refresh on the endpoint.