Views
Helpful
Replies

TNC to BNC connection for Siemens Hicom

alfonso.hidalgo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have an installation where Siemens privided an E1 ending in male TNC connectors. We have a 1751 with the VWIC-1MFT-E1 board and the CAB-E1-RJ45BNC cable ending in BNC Male.

The question is if it will work if we unplug the TNC connectors on the Siemens cables and replace them for BNC female so we can connect both sides.

Has anyone made this before?

Thanks in advance and regards from Spain.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

TNC are threaded connectors that are the same size as a BNC, you are probably using the smaller gold plated connectors that everyone calls Siemems connectors as they seem to be the only ones who uses them. Anyway, you should be OK to use a convertor to go from them to the BNC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

TNC are threaded connectors that are the same size as a BNC, you are probably using the smaller gold plated connectors that everyone calls Siemems connectors as they seem to be the only ones who uses them. Anyway, you should be OK to use a convertor to go from them to the BNC.

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have to fit a 2800 isr in Madrid, i believe the client has a hicom switch at the moment, we have checked the site and taken a picture of the current connector, it looks like TNC between hicom and the worldom supplier of the E1.

The E1 on the cisco card is rj45, did you manage to get a converter from tnc to RJ45 straight into the router.

By the way i'm from the uk and have not had much experiance dealing with providers in other regions, the connection in the uk is usually just rj45.

any help would be great.