cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ToD using a Hunt Pilot and and CTI route point

fwalstrom
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question, which I'm a little confused on. So I'm setting up and testing time of day routing. I have an on shift and off shift partition the partitions are in my PSTN Trunk CSS and the CSS for my phones and ordered accordingly, on shift above the off shift partition. I configured a hunt pilot and a CTI route point. My hunt pilot is in the on shift partition and my CTI route point is in the off shift partition. I'd like inbound PSTN calls to hit the hunt pilot during normal business hours and hit the route point for after hours calls. The route point is being forwarded to an external number. Internal calls work as they should for the ToD configuration. But all my external calls from the PSTN seem to be hitting the route point first. Is there a preference the inbound PSTN call takes?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

It might be worth checking the device pool that you have assigned to the PSTN trunk. It's probably different than your phones' device pool and may have a different timezone. The default time zone setting for partitions is "Originating Device".

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

It might be worth checking the device pool that you have assigned to the PSTN trunk. It's probably different than your phones' device pool and may have a different timezone. The default time zone setting for partitions is "Originating Device".

I verified my timezones, the device pool for the PSTN trunk and device pool for the phones are in the same timezone.

It wasn't necessarily the device pool, what I ended up doing was changing the time zone in the partition from "Originating Device" and specifying the timezone. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before. Thanks for your help.

Safdar Azizi
Level 1
Level 1

Gateway CSS should include the partition of on shift Partition.Please check the gateway CSS.

Regards

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Safdar

My gateway CSS has both partitions, on shift is above the off shift partition. I changed the partition on my CTI route point and added the new partition the route point is a part to the gateway CSS. I left the hunt pilot in the on shift partition, so both are in there now. And when I make a test call, the inbound call does not have a route, I get the playback message from the 5E switch.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the DN for the CTI and what is the DN for the hunt pilot?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

My DN is the E164 address for both the CTI and hunt pilot. The provide sends 7 digits and I have a translation pattern on the gateway that expands it out the the full E164 address. It is a SIP trunk between the gateway and CUCM. Inbound CSS has the on shift partition as well as the other partition. I think it may be something simple that I forgot to configure.