cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ToolsDepot.exe

tmead
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,<br><br>I was reading the Cisco Unity Troubleshooting Guide and it referenced the ToolsDepot.exe as a way to adjust WaveGain stuff. We have Unity 3.1.2b installed and I can't seem to find this tool. <br><br>Here is why I want to use it. This was an upgraded system and I do not believe that AGC was enabled because the Record and Playback values in the CiscoTSP were set to their historical values. Additionally, the AGC values were not set to match this guide. I have changed both to the values recommended here and it improved our situation - user messages were playing back very low relative to the prompts and such.<br><br>Is there some way to increase the playback levels with AGC on using this tool that I can't find;)!<br><br>Thanks,<br>Ted<br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

First, the tools depot is not a tool for adjusting volume settings, it's a nifty little tool that collects all the other tools on the Unity server into one interface so stuff is easy to find and update. You'll find this under \commserver\utilities\toolsdepot\toolsdepot.exe. In 3.1(4) this guy will have a link right on the desktop so folks can find it easily.

The tools you need for volume adjustment are:

SetVolume (you'll want to download the latest version off AnswerMonkey.net or the CCO Utilities page which is the one that's shipping with 3.1(4)). This guy helps relevel all your greetings and voice names that were recorded previously so the prompts and the greetings match. I strongly reccomend letting the tool back up your greetings and voice names first before doing any relevling... just in case.

WAVGain - Again, this will be under the Utilities directory in 3.1(3) and later or you can snag it off AnswerMonkey.net or the CCO utitlies page. This one hasn't changed in a while, it was sent to us from the CM folks. It allows you to adjust the playback boost and the record boost (which should be 0) and test things out.

Advanced Settings Tool - a registry edit "wrapper" that lets you change the values you tested in WAVGain into the registry. It also exposes the AGC values. This ships under the utilities directory and you can get the latest version off AnswerMonkey.net or CCO utilities page.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: