Views
Helpful
Replies

Training decisions

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have been doing UC for a few years and am OK at day to day Admin, troubleshooting etc.  Not high level but I do OK.  Pretty weak in route switch.  Looking to get serious about certifications and training.  I plan to get certified in both but was looking for opinions on going after which one first?  Bring up my Route Switch skills so that I am OK on both or do a deep dive into Collaboration and get great at that?  I plan on getting great on both tracks but want to get the most bang for my buck early on.

Responses rated and appreciated

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Excellent question my friend!

Sadly, there are no right or wrong answers here. If it were me, I would go with the R&S first because today's UC implementations are so network dependent and so intertwined. I've always felt that my low level understanding of networking has held me back and if I had to do it all over again I would build a solid understanding of R&S as a first step. Of course, only you know what your current and future career goals are, so this advice may not completely jive with your knowledge levels and current job responsibilities. 

You can't really go wrong either way....cause as they say "knowledge is power!"

Cheers!

Rob