cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer only lets one call go at a time

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

when a ip phone has 2 calls or more on the line, is there any way to transfer one without parking all the rest?

6 Replies 6

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand. Can you please give an example of this?

when more than one call comes in the receptionist has to park all but one, then transfer the first and go back through the rest. she can not tranfer a call if it is not the first...the button is not available on the soft buttons on the 7960

We are having the exact same issue. We are running CallManager 3.08 and load P003v301 on the 7960s. The 7960s are configured for 5 line appearances. Any info from the engineers on this? This is becoming a major issue for the operators. Thanks.

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

You need a free open line to transfer a call. If you only have two or three lines on your IP Phone and they all have active calls. You need to free up a line to perform the transfer; parking a call would free a line for this.

We ran into this a few months ago with a two line configuration, and had to move to a default 3 line configuration.

I think if Call Waiting is enable on the line then that would also work as a work around. We had so many issues with Call Waiting that we had to disable it system wide.

Tim Medley

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

I agree, I disabled call waiting and added lines to the phone a day or so ago and that let her do whatever to any call. With call waiting on and a second call on a single line you can only park the call.

Issue resolved, thanks for the assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: