Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfering calls directly to Subscribers personal Greeting

hburgos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Is there a way for a receptionist to transfer inbound calls (PSTN/Internal) directly to the subscribers voice mail (personal greeting)? Perhaps using some sort of code followed by the extension?

We're using Unity 4.0(5) & CCM 4.3

Thank You

Hank

8 Replies 8

PATRICK ALAND
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. Assuming a 4 digit extension and that you want to dial *XXXX to transfer directly to the mailbox.

Create a voicemail profile (i.e. StraightToVM) with a mask of XXXX

Create a CTI route point with the appropriate CSS/DP, etc

Add a line to the CTI routepoint with a DN of *XXXX and a VMProfile of StraightToVM, Call forward all the line to voicemail.

Have you tried this with a CM 4.13, Unity 4.05 with Windows 2003. I've done a ton of these voicemail installs and every single one until this last one I got the exact sequence you described to work.

The only difference on the last one, is it's the first 4.05 Unity install I've done, (all have been 4.04, 4.01, 3.1). When I try to dial *EXT I get Unity answering the call with the CALLER's voicemail box.

Super bizarre.

Not sure what I missed but I keep going back through the list and verifying I have everything.

This is the technote I used originally, I know it works with a 4.13 and a Unity 4.0 install, did one of those over the summer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the Call Viewer on Unity to see what info Unity is getting on the incoming calls. If everything looks normal there (i.e. shows up as a forwarded call with the correct calling and called #s) then maybe double check the routing rules on Unity.

-Eric

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How to Transfer a Caller Directly into a Cisco Unity Mailbox

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008015b963.shtml

Do you know of a link which outlines how to transfer a caller directly into a user's voice mail using CME and CUE?

I have a couple of links. One is a general quick start on CME, which you may already know this information. I was looking through it but I don't see anything specific to your problem but the author of the site may have something more.

http://ciscogroups.anvi.com/cme/index.html

The other thing is a book I just found from CiscoPress. It may have the answer you're looking for. Cisco IP Communications Express: CallManager Express with Cisco Unity Express

http://www.ciscopress.com/title/158705180X

Why doesn't she use the attendant GUI? With it, you don't need any of these little workarounds (which are, btw, great).

Dragi

What GUI? Sorry not meant to be harsh, more along the lines of critical at the offering Cisco has to solve these problems in the Call Manager software.

The receptionist gets the call, which you can do a transfer to voicemail using the Attendant Console, but then if the call flow is to send that call to the secretary, how is the secretary going to be able to transfer to voicemail. Or if the rule is when the Attorney's DID is ringing to always have the Secretary answer it, then how do they transfer to Voicemail. (Don't tell me IPMA, I've tried both IPMA in Shared Line mode and IPMA in Proxy and both don't do what we want.) In addition to adding an additional layer of complexity to the configuration, (why can't we just flip a check box and make it work) IPMA in Shared Line leaves this gigantic blank box with a single button on the 7940/60 phones, all I can do is DND. I had a whole firm after configuring it, request it be removed.

I couldn't use IPMA in proxy mode because it didn't always allow the phone to ring in both places at once. Thus using the IPMA in Shared Line, which wastes 80% of the space on the phone screen. Also you have another application to deal with on the workstation. (At least that's what I saw.)

I'm not putting any additional software on their machines. They already have, Outlook, Interwoven (A document management system), Elite (Accounting App), Word and Internet Explorer.

To put the Attendant Console on their systems isn't practical. I need some buttons just like any other phone system has.

I opened a TAC case and they couldn't recreate it, which is good I suppose. I can get them in and take a look at the traces. Probably something a little diferent with the partitions and CSS's.

Thanks for the suggestion however.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: