cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transition between presentations

RACotreau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I'm relatively new to this, but one thing that is disappointing is the black screen then white screen that appear before the next presentation loads.  And when a presentation has dynamic content (news feed, RSS, etc.) then those zones also are black until they load.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to avoid it looking like the screens aren't operating properly? 

thanks,

Rose Ann

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rose Ann,

I did not know the code version details for your DMM. For 5.2 the preload option is at a different place (see attached screenshot). You have to expand the Options tab on the right hand side center pane.

You can definitely upgrade to 5.2.1 (IF you wish since it is the latest code release and has some more bug fixes) the upgrade instructions and Release notes can be located at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6681/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Note : Upgrading and increasing the pre-load may not certianly resolve your specific issue :-) But I've seen cases where increasing the pre-load value has mitigated the delays between transitions.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ryan Nilsson
Level 1
Level 1

What DMM version are you running?

I've seen bad redraws between SWF and MPG files (black then white wipes) that was considerably improved in 5.2.1.

Also, if you are using MPGs it can help if you specify a duration (instead of leaving it to 0) for the media file, and round down when you do specify it. I believe the redraw to be whilst buffering is taking place so having a duration allows for buffering ahead of time.

Rose Ann,

Have you tried increasing the preload value of the presentation ? When you create a presentation in 5.2.x code version - You can increase the preload to about 5-10 seconds and test the performance.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

Hi Sagar,

can you tell me how to change the preload for the entire presentation?  I don't see a field for that.

thanks,

Rose Ann

Rose Ann,

When you use the "All Media" category for creating your Presentation then you can increase the Pre-load value (provided you are using 5.2.x) . You can find more details about the preload at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_2/dmd/user/guide/dmd52xug.html

I've attached the screenshot from my Lab DMM device. Hope this helps.

Sagar Dhanrale

Hi again.  I don't have the 'preload' option.  I've attached my screenshot.

We are running. 5.2  Do I have to upgrade to 5.2.1 to get that field?

Rose Ann,

I did not know the code version details for your DMM. For 5.2 the preload option is at a different place (see attached screenshot). You have to expand the Options tab on the right hand side center pane.

You can definitely upgrade to 5.2.1 (IF you wish since it is the latest code release and has some more bug fixes) the upgrade instructions and Release notes can be located at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6681/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Note : Upgrading and increasing the pre-load may not certianly resolve your specific issue :-) But I've seen cases where increasing the pre-load value has mitigated the delays between transitions.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

Thanks, I'll try that.