Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble upgrading to 4.1(3) from 4.1(2)

albert_coll
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm configuring a CCM cluster of two nodes from scratch.

I received the Cisco CD distribution kit which contains the CCM V4.1(2): I installed the publisher with all its operating system, SQL and CCM patches. Then i upgraded it with the CCM 4.1(3) image that i had downloaded from the web. No problem. The 4.1(3) upgrade manual states that the publisher should be upgraded first so that's what i did.

Then i went to install the subscriber from scratch and i had trouble:

If i go straight to install the CCM 4.1(3) it says that this is just an upgrade image, and a previous CCM version is required.

But when i try to install CCM4.1(2) from my CD distribution kit, it tells that it cannot be installed because a newer version of CCM (4.1.3) is already running in the publisher.

Another possibility would be to install both the publisher and subscriber to 4.1(2) and once this step is completed, to attempt to upgrade to 4.1(3): First the publisher and then the subscriber.

I'm not sure whether it will work, so i would greately appreciate any confirmation about that.

Kind regards.

Albert.

1 Reply 1

albert_coll
Level 1
Level 1

Let my answer myself:

The manual also states:

"You cannot add a subscriber server to a cluster by installing a previous version of Cisco CallManager

and then upgrading the subscriber server to the same version that is running on the publisher server.

If you are adding a new subscriber server or replacing a subscriber server on the cluster, you must

use the installation CDs with the same Cisco CallManager version that is running on the publisher

server."

I did not take in account this point. So i'll have to restore the get a CCM cluster completley installed in 4.1(2) prior to upgrade to 4.1(3).