cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with installation CCM 4.0.(2) Subcribe

kimqv
Level 1
Level 1

I take the new installation for CCM 4.0(2) for Publisher and Subcribe.

Installation for the publisher is OK, but when I installed the subcribe, it stopped at Disc2. with the message "Failure occured during the Cisco CallManager

isntallation. Please look at the Cisco CallManager installation log files for details. Aborting Cisco CallManager install"

I tried several times re-install Windows/CCM and get the same messages.

At the log :

=== Logging stopped :

MSI (C) (28:2C): Product: Cisco CallManager -- Installation operation failed

..... msiexec.exe: Return Code 1603: Fatal error during installation

...... Cisco CallManager Install did not complete successfully. Review the log file for more information.

Any suggestion ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

Yes I have had this before.Here are some things to check.

1. Verify that your c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts and etc files include the IP and name of the publisher (Make sure the lmhost file has the pre cache #). This will guarantee that you will not have any Name Resolution issues which is extremely important when installing a Subscriber

2. Check your Media. On occation and for no reason I will have to throw away CCM install disks even after a previously successful install.

- So make sure #1 is accomplished

- Before you begin the Sub install ping the Pub by name and IP

- Get another set of CCM INstall Disks since I have had this happen many times.

***** ANOTHER HUGE ISSUE I HAVE FOUND.. If you are installing two servers on a KVM and you are switching between servers, I have seen this mess up the CCM Installs also! :) arg.

HTH

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

Is there another log file CCMDBSetup(datetimestring).log with maybe more details on exactly what failed?

Mary Beth

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

Yes I have had this before.Here are some things to check.

1. Verify that your c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts and etc files include the IP and name of the publisher (Make sure the lmhost file has the pre cache #). This will guarantee that you will not have any Name Resolution issues which is extremely important when installing a Subscriber

2. Check your Media. On occation and for no reason I will have to throw away CCM install disks even after a previously successful install.

- So make sure #1 is accomplished

- Before you begin the Sub install ping the Pub by name and IP

- Get another set of CCM INstall Disks since I have had this happen many times.

***** ANOTHER HUGE ISSUE I HAVE FOUND.. If you are installing two servers on a KVM and you are switching between servers, I have seen this mess up the CCM Installs also! :) arg.

HTH

Mike

Thank you for your hint, It worked now after I checked the lmhosts file, I removed all # in the lmhosts file.

I had also the same problem when I installed CRS -> Publisher.

Removed # in the lmhosts, It worked.

kimqv