Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting caller id name

I have a 4.0.2a system with two 28XX series routers and several inbound DMS100 PRIs. I'm trying to get caller id name to work but am having no luck. The name service is supposed to be present on these lines, but I don't see anything in the DEBUG ISDN Q931 to that says the name. When you view these debugs, how is the name supposed to come across?

Also, is there anything that has to be done at the gateway for caller id name? I have Display IE Delivery check in CCM.

5 Replies 5

mlinsemier
Level 1
Level 1

There shouldn't be anything that you need to do at the IOS level to enable caller ID from what I understand. We have Caller Name ID working on 2600's, VG200's, and CMM's, however it's also all ISDN NI2 not DMS100.

From what I understand, carriers deliver the Caller ID Name using different methods and sometimes in the Facility IE. For us we have the Display IE Delivery unchecked, and calling Name ID works without any issues.

Good Morning,

I was wondering if the 2600 that you have caller id name running on is using H323 or MGCP ? I have been fighting with the calller id name delivery on our phones, and the PRI is NI2, so I was curious about the H323 or MGCP on that guy. Any info you can provide will be helpful. You can e-mail me at w4rpm@juno.com.

Thanks Much,

Rich

amansharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hey What is ur gateway doing (Mgcp or H.323 )

How are you getting the name i.e is it in Facilitie IE or Display IE ..can u paste a debug from a call in which you are getting the name from the telco...

dneedham
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

The problem that you are having is that DMS 100 switches only support NI 1. You have to use NI 2 in order to get name inbound. I had the same issue with DMS 100 switches. But be aware that if your Telco switches to NI2 (DMS 250 or DMS 500 switches) you might have some issues with outboung caller ID displaying to some cell phone carriers (Sprint and Verizon).

What's the issue exactly with Verizon Wireless and Sprint? I'm having that issue now too. Caller ID works everywhere but to them.

So there's nothing on the CCM side that can be done? I'm thinking about getting my carrier to change to another switch type...thoughts?

Thx!