Replies

Trunk ExpressWay call routing stripping From parameters

pedrop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured the ExpressWay to route traffic like so:

Endpoint > Expr-C > Expr-E > Endpoint

The call routing is working fine, however the INVITE has From parameters required to be passed and are being stripped as the call is passed form the Expr-C to the Expr-E across the traversal zone.

How can I maintain the From parameters going through the Expressway?

I can see a setting for preserving parameters but that only seems to work for Request and Contact.

Many thanks

6 Replies 6

For what reason you need to maintain that  if calls are working ?

Response Signature

Hi,

The calls are not working, due to the missing parameters. 

Only the call routing is working.

Many thanks

I recommend to take logs from Expressway E and C and analyse the logs  on CSA tool this will provide more information why calls not working.

This below  document describes how to enable specific debug logs when you troubleshoot non-Single Sign-On (SSO) and SSO-enabled Jabber and non-Jabber Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) via Expressway/Video Control Server (VCS).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/213360-collect-expressway-vcs-diagnostic-log-fo.html

You can access CSA  tool from below link.

https://cway.cisco.com/csa/

Response Signature

I think there is mix up with my description.

The expressway is routing calls fine.

Its doing MRA fine, and the B2B route I've created is routing the INVITE fine.

The issue is that the INVITE has a non-standard From parameter, that I need the destination endpoint to receive.

I can see from the logs that this From parameter is being removed as it is being passed to the expressway-e

I had a similar issue passing the call through a CUBE, but on the CUBE I could set up a copy-list on the inbound dial-peer for the From sip-header and use a sip-profile to paste the custom parameter back in on the outbound dial-peer.

I cant see a way of doing similar on the expressway.

If the calls are as you write working what is the reason that you would need to pass the header unchanged to the recipient? My understanding is that the header is supposed to change as it pass from the internal C node to the external E node in the Expressway system.

Response Signature

Even My understanding is that the header is supposed to change as it pass from the internal C node to the external E node in the Expressway system.

Response Signature