Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to use MGCP on 2811

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Running CM 4.02aSR1

When defining the 2811 in CM, all I get is the ability to define what is in slot 0 and slot1. Well, I have nothing in slot 1 and slot 0 is not a NM. CM only gives me the ability to configure a "NM-4VWIC-MBRD" which I don't have. The 2811 has HWIC slots. Anybody have a clue what to do here?

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have a look at table 3 in this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet09186a0080182d38.html

Looks to me like you need to put on a newer service release for 4.0(2) than is actually available...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yeah...I saw that document. What a load of crap! Thanks for taking the time to help me research this. I'm opening a TAC case anyway to see what are my options. I'll post thier response.

Hard to believe it's true really - surely these routers took a while to develop, which should have given the CM guys time to catch up... They are just IOS routers with a different module/port configuration after all right???

Anyways, I'll bet TAC suggest you use H323 as a workaround until the SR for your CM version becomes available...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

choose "NM-4VWIC-MBRD" and then the slots appear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: