Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to use MGCP on 2811

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Running CM 4.02aSR1

When defining the 2811 in CM, all I get is the ability to define what is in slot 0 and slot1. Well, I have nothing in slot 1 and slot 0 is not a NM. CM only gives me the ability to configure a "NM-4VWIC-MBRD" which I don't have. The 2811 has HWIC slots. Anybody have a clue what to do here?

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have a look at table 3 in this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet09186a0080182d38.html

Looks to me like you need to put on a newer service release for 4.0(2) than is actually available...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yeah...I saw that document. What a load of crap! Thanks for taking the time to help me research this. I'm opening a TAC case anyway to see what are my options. I'll post thier response.

Hard to believe it's true really - surely these routers took a while to develop, which should have given the CM guys time to catch up... They are just IOS routers with a different module/port configuration after all right???

Anyways, I'll bet TAC suggest you use H323 as a workaround until the SR for your CM version becomes available...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

choose "NM-4VWIC-MBRD" and then the slots appear.