cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turning on Do Not Disturb on 7940

itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

We’ve had a user request to enable the “Do Not Disturb” functionality on our IP phones. I am aware that this is a softkey option and that it must be assigned to a Softkey Template. The issue is that when I look at the Softkey Layout Configuration for the “On Hook” call state for the “Standard User” softkey template the list of “Unselected Softkeys” does not include the “Do Not Disturb” option. Is this enabled or disabled at the system level somewhere and if so where? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thanks - Peter

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There isn't a DND button available on CM - unless you're using IPMA but this isn't really viable for all your users...

CME has this feature, CM doesn't.. hate it when then happens :-)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

jlzfeeney
Level 1
Level 1

What version of CCM are you running? I believe this feature is available in 4.x.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Peter,

As Aaron explained you, DND is only available in CCM using IPMA,

SIP do support it.

We use an easy workaround...CFwdALL -> messages. It does the same thing, no ring and calls immediately go to voicemail.

nurmawann
Level 1
Level 1

I found the following URL:

http://www.ccmstuff.org/

Based on the info provided on the link, I was thinking it may work with these steps:

1. create a blank/silent wav file

2. convert the wav file to the correct format for CM (.raw extension)

3. copy the file to the TFTP server

4. modify the IP Phone ring list

5. select this ring tones for user that wanna enable DND

Does it make any sense?

.nuri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: