Views
Helpful
Replies

unable change the setting in cisco IP phone 7960

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have cisco ip phone 7960. I am unable to change any setting in that phone. It display as key lock.'SAVE' option is not active.

I tried through browser also, but I still unable to chage the configuration.

so Help me on this issue as soon as possible.

Thanking you

Regards

L.Ashok

11 Replies 11

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

From the keypad, dial the phone unlock code '**#'. You'll see the padlock icon in the upper right hand corner of the settings menu go from locked to unlocked, and then you should be able to make changes.

hi

I have similiar problem, i cant change the config on the ip phone 7960. I tried "**#" but it says invalid password, any other ways to reset the phone via booting

Is this a 7935?

Is this a 7935?

it is 7960.I tried to reset the phone when it powers up by pressing # , does not reset. any ideas

Hi,

One more way to reset the IP-Phones is from Call Manager admin page. Go to the Phone Configuration page of particular extension and press "ResetPhone" button. A pop-up window appears, Press "Reset" button.

Regards

Yogi

that wont help as the phones are on different lan range than dhcp server .It also runs MGCP protocol. Is there a way to reset phone when it is powered up?

cheers

I can't seem to replicate your "invalid password" problem on any of my phones. The only device which I am prompted to enter a password from is the 7935. The others are just the mystical "enter your password at any time" variety. Unless you can figure out how to unlock the phone using **# you are probably stuck with a TAC call and RMA'ing the phone.

Also, DHCP and LAN segmenting shouldn't have anything to do with issuing a reset from CCM, unless you are blocking MGCP traffic between your phone and your CCM's, which wouldn't be a very good design.

When your phone boots, does it get the right IP/Vlan/DHCP info? Does it boot to a working configuration? Have you recently changed phone loads?

The 7960 is running MGCP. when it boots up, it goes into vlan,dhcp... mode. I tried "**#" but no luck.

Can you change settings on other phones? When you hit the Settings button and go into option 3, Network Settings, are you then pressing **#? I'd say if it is just one phone, get it RMA'd. If it is ALL your phones, call TAC.

The 7960 is running MGCP. when it boots up, it goes into vlan,dhcp... mode. I tried "**#" but no luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: