Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Assign user to new CUP cluster

Yanivaloosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I'm trying to assign several users to CUP cluster, those users were assign to inter-clustering that no longer available, (I changed the IP address).

and when trying to assign them to the new cluster, i'm getting the error below:

" Error: Unable to assign (user name), this user is already assigned to the following node in a remote cluster: xxx.yyy.com. 

i did restart to "Cisco Sync Agent" on both running cup servers, but error still appear. 

Thx. 

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Looks like you need to contact TAC for this to implement the workaround

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq16135

Unable to reassign users' home node after changing presence domain
CSCuq16135
Description
Symptom:
After changing the CUPS presence domain (found in CUPS Admin Page > System > Cluster Topology > Settings), no users are able to be unassigned or assigned to a different node.

When trying to make the change (found in CUPS Admin > System > Cluster Topology), CUPS gives error:
Error: Unable to change assignment for 1 users. Please ensure the users are not already assigned in a remote cluster.

If you change the presence domain back to what it was set to originally, users can be un-/re-assigned with no issues.

Conditions:
CUPS 9.1.1.51900-1

In lab, steps to reproduce:
1. Stop SIP proxy, presence engine, and XCP router services.
2. Change presence domain (CUPS Admin > System > Cluster Topology > Settings).
3. Restart services.
4. Attempt to assign users to different node or unassign current users.

Workaround:
Please contact Cisco TAC
Manish

after upgrading the Cup servers to  version 9.1.1.81900-10, i received "ERROR-UNSUPPORTED: Partitions unaligned" while using the same OVA file.

in addition to that, I'm not able to perform switch version on the Subscriber server, with an error that publisher server is running different version, which is wrong.

thx.

[+5] to Manish.

Came across same issue. You first need to change the domain from CLI of server which requires reboot of server.

Then, u need to stop the services as mentioned in bug. After that , option to change domain in IMP would get enabled and can change .After this restart the same services .

regds,

aman