Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to call International through Verizon

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

We have verizon as our local carrier and AT&T as out international carrier. We were told to set "national" and "ISDN" variables in our MGCP gateways to get the caller ID to work. However, as soon as we changed the default values "callmanager" to national and ISDN our international calls stopped going through. Would someone know why a carrier switch would start blocking internation calls if the MGCP gateway on our end was set to national and ISDN mode. Any thing we can do to fix this issue.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hey,

This is for sure a Telco problem, as you stated:

"Would someone know why a carrier switch would start blocking internation calls if the MGCP gateway on our end was set to national and ISDN mode"

Could be great if you paste the debug isdn q931 for the call that is not going through.

We need to verify what we are sending and your carrier should clarify what are the exact values we need to send so that International and caller ID works, otherwise we can not just start playing with the parameters in a production network.

thanks for the response, here is the output from ISDN Q931

5w3d: ISDN Se1/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x013E

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Facility i = 0x9F8B0100A10F02010106072A8648CE1500040A0100

Protocol Profile = Networking Extensions

0xA10F02010106072A8648CE1500040A0100

Component = Invoke component

Invoke Id = 1

Operation = InformationFollowing (calling_name)

Name information in subsequent FACILITY message

Progress Ind i = 0x8083 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, '2403141329'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '011911126843576'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

5w3d: ISDN Se1/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x813E

Cause i = 0x8282 - No route to specified network

This cause indicates that the equipment sending this cause has received a request to route the call

through a particular transit network which it does not recognize. The equipment sending this cause

does not recognize the transit network either because the transit network does not exist or because

that particular network, while it does exist, does not serve the equipment that is sending this

cause. This cause is supported on a network-dependent basis.

We needed to differentiate between

how we sent out local, national, and international calls. the most effective way to do this is to

convert the gateway to an H323 gateway and have the router control this through translation rules and map

addresses.

Definitly you need to contact your Telco to verify all parameters.

aarato
Level 1
Level 1

Change the CallManager to "Unknown" and see if this helps. I ran into similar issues. Some carrier reuiqre the type to be unknown.

I tried that and it did not work.

Are you using the 9.@ in your route patterns? or are you using individual patterns for local long distance and international? I know that if you use the @ pattern with an MGCP PRI it will send National in the Q931 for local and LD calls and send International for international calls.

If you are using a pattern such as 9.011! try to replace it with 9.@ and set your PRI back to CALLMANAGER instead of National. Then see if it works.