Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to get calls to logged out attendant console to Vmail

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have a new CM4.1 setup the attendant console works ok. When the attendant console is logged out i get music when the console is called. I would like it to go to Vmail, problem is i have tried to add the pilot number of my unity sever to the hunt group for the console and get the following message "The Directory number you entered in the selected partition is associated with a device that can not be a member of a hunt group" Where am i going wrong, i have read the documentation for setting up the console and it states that you forward to vmail via a linked hutgroup.

regards colin

10 Replies 10

jgentsch
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into a similar situation. Create a CTI Port with a dummy extension. Check "Forward All to VM". Place that as the last member of the Hunt Group and check always route at the bottom of the Hunt Group. This will always route your calls to VM when AC is logged out.

Hi Jude

Thanks for the info, i tried your suggestion and it looks good.I can call the cti number and go directly to Vmail. Problem is still doesnt hunt on when i call logged out attendant even though its in the attendant pilot hunt group.

Hi Readers UK,

Have you foudn any solution for this. I am also having the same problem.

Make sure that you check the "alwas route member" for the cti port pointing to VM in the hunt group configuration.

Chris

Yes this has been done.

Only difference is nsed of CTI port I have added a DUMMY phone and have forwarded all the calls to the VM.

Still do not work.

What if you dial the dummy phone's extension, does it go to VM?

Also, are all your CSS, partitions configured correctly?

Chris

In your AC hunt group, does the last entry say Call Directory Number then whatever # it is. If it saids direct to or something other then call directory number it isn't set up right.

Can you post a screenshot of your hunt group (bottom part showing above).

You may want to try resetting the TCD service on all Call Managers also in the cluster. What version do you have of CCM and Attendant console?

I got my problem resolved. The issue was with the VM settigns for the "Always Route Number".

ryan.hicks
Level 1
Level 1

Create a cti route point with a dummy number. Forward this number (cfwdall to VM) to voice mail.

Add the dummy number as the last number in the attendant console hunt and check the box that says always route.

This should work. NOTE: the dummy number is the number that is presented to Unity. By default, an unknown number will go to the default CallHandler. You can reroute this anywhere in the call routing rules in Unity.

I am also having the same issue!

This is what I am trying to achieve.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the attendants are not logged in the call should go to voicemail.

When the attendants are logged in and a large volume of calls are received any excess calls should then be queued.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried the above suggestions and added a CTI port that forwards to VM into my HuntGroup.

When I dial the CTI Port number directly it forwards to VM without a problem. However when I dial the AC Hunt Pilot (with Queuing enabled and the AC Users logged out) I still get MoH! Can someone please clarify if this is by design???

However if the Queue is full (or queuing has been disabled) the ‘Always Route Member’ behaviour is activated and the caller will successfully hear the Voicemail message.

Has anyone been able to get this scenario to work on CCM 4.1(3)sr1?

One thing that I am a little suspect on is the dialog box that is shown after I select the ‘Always Route Member’ check box (see attached).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)