Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 11.5 Performance Issue

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We are noticing it takes between 40-50 seconds when clicking on newly created users. These users are not integrated with AD, there is a message at top " This user is integrated with cisco Unified Communication Manager end user. Some fields may be disabled", not sure if this is a standard message or issue? I checked the CUC AXL configuration found the incorrect port configured 443, changed to port 8443, still experiencing the delay.  Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

not sure if that is related to my problem but we upgraded to 11.5 SU6 and all performance issues disappeared  and we are okay now.

How exactly do you pull users from Active Directory?

CUCM Pub and CUCM sub are in the same network? 

I'm glad to know the performance issues are resolved.

As for integrating with Active Directory, here is a link to the 11.x System Administration Guide for Unity Connection:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/administration/guide/b_cucsag/b_cucsag_chapter_01001.html

Keep in mind, though, that users currently integrated via AXL can't be imported (created) via LDAP initially. After the LDAP integration is complete, and after LDAP synchronization is complete, you will need to convert the users to be LDAP integrated.

Also: If you are also considering integrating your CUCM cluster with LDAP the process is exactly the same, although some of the considerations and details are different. Locate that documentation and read it before proceeding.

Maren

Hi,

So, since the newly created accounts aren't LDAP integrated these account will have to be converted to LDAP? This should fix the delay when clicking on the users account? I'm just ensuring I understand correctly.

Thanks

The message you noted: "This user is integrated with Cisco Unified Communication Manager end user. Some fields may be disabled", is an indication that users are AXL integrated from CUCM rather than locally configured or LDAP integrated. It is an informational message, not an error.

Regardless of the method of creation, a lag between (what I assume to be) clicking on an account in the Users list and that user's account page opening should have nothing to do with how the account was created. You mentioned that upgrading to v11.6 resolved your performance issue, did I misunderstand?

Hi,
The system was not upgraded it is on v11.5. You are correct for the lagging any idea's?

Are you experiencing delay in any other menu like, say, accessing a call handler? And, for the users, are you experiencing delay on only AXL-integrated accounts or on both AXL-integrated and locally created accounts?

Also: Do you have any other errors/warning such as NTP issues?

Maren

Hi,
We are experiencing the issue only on locally created accounts. No NTP issues.
Thanks,

Okay, so help clarify please:

Your original post noted that the accounts were AXL integrated ("This user is integrated with Cisco Unified Communication Manager...") but now you are saying you are only experiencing the problem with local accounts? Can you tell me which one you are talking about?

If they are indeed local accounts (Created via the "Users , you'll need to look to the log files in Unity Connection to see what the problem is. (And I'd suggest contacting TAC for help with that.) If they are AXL integrated accounts, then pulling the trace file from the AXL Web Service (on CUCM) might be helpful.

Maren

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, yes they are locally created accounts.  Can you inform of the logs or traces I need to review?

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: