cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.2.222 extension number problem

mgrainey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to access a Unity user, The system Administrator acts like it doesn't exist, however you can dial the extension thru the Auto Attendant and it will transfer you. I have already run the program that you gave me last year that finds and clears orphans and it did not resolve the poblem. (If I try to create a new account, it will not allow me to assign this ext. number to it because it believes that it is already used, but I cannot look up that ext. and find a mailbox.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hmmmm 2.2.x didn't make this easy to run down... can you search the call handlers by extension and find a match? It may be that the primary call handler for a subscriber is tagged as a "normal" handler now and it's showing up there on it's own (i.e. it's not considered an orphan).

If you know the alias of the subscriber that used to own that call handler you can go in to the Exchange administrator under the unity folder, drill down into the call handlers folder under that and go delete the primary call handler manually (it'll have an alias of "ch_" - but be real careful to get the right one...