cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(3)

piercemo
Level 1
Level 1

When will Unity 4.0(3) become available? It is my understanding that this version will support TTY prompts. Does it come with or is there another license that I would need to purchase?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, 4.0(3) will include a TTY language (ENX for US English TTY) that will be treated as any other languae in setup and the SA pages. I don't know what marketing is going to be doing with the part number for that but the last I heard it was going to be a "zero dollar" part number of some sort.

4.0(3) is currently targeted to be released to production in August.

If you would like to have TTY prompts in a system earlier than that you can use the conversion engine from my site - this is the guy we're actually making the prompt set with. You'll find TTY Angle on the general tools page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - it'll let you convert a standing English based language (i.e. UK or AUS English) into TTY prompts. 4.0(3) will bring some more polish by suppressing the record beep and replacing it with "GA" instead as well as having the dedicated language code show up in the UI along with a few other things.

Thanks for the reply.

I have already been looking into TTY Angel and would love to use it. My only problem is that currently have only one deaf user and I'm not sure that I can justify the purchase of a language for two or three months to upper management.

Thanks again.